Why doesn't he just get over it and quit making me look bad? Will this ever stop?

I broke up with my ex a month ago... he keeps posting things on his myspace about how the woman he loves will never be there for him and all of this other pointess BS about me, then his friends respond and I am left looking like the bad guy. I wish I could just tell his friends that he is crazy and was harrasing me after the break-up and that I broke up with him because he's an alcoholic and said some really mean stuff about my son and I... that he was never around, that I cried for days because of him and how he treated me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• he's not making you look bad. really. no one believes whiny dribble about break ups. everyone is trying to be nice to him bc he's airing his dirty laundry publicly and that's just immature and lame.

ignore it. move forward. why bother caring what his friends think? it's myspace, not real life.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:48 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Myspace stands for "MyDrama" ! Don't worry about it. My exh from 10 years ago still writes things about me on there, now his wife has joined in. I put a graphic on my page about the best way to get revenge is to move on and be happy. Thats as far as I care to go. They're simply not worth it. Be the bigger person and care less about what he has to say. If his friends approache you about what happened. Tell them, short and sweet, but be polite about it.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 12:31 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I actually broke up with my ex-boyfriend for a very similar reason. He's also an alcoholic, but he won't admit it, and even sober, goes on about aliens and implants and all kinds of nuts stuff, and then destroyed his house one night, and that was the end for me. You just have to ignore him. My ex was calling me all the time, and he even, earlier this week (we broke up two months ago) had his sister call me to try to convince me to get back together with him. I just told her, very clearly, that I am over him and I have moved on, and he needs to do the same. I don't take his calls, I don't respond to e-mails or anything else from him, and I just basically pretend he doesn't exist. Cut him out of your life, stop looking at his myspace, and truly move on.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 1:00 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Every time I see that kind of stuff on FB I feel embarrassment for the poster. It really makes THEM look kind of pathetic and NOT whomever they are trying to make look dumb. : )
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 12:19 AM on Nov. 8, 2009