How old are your toddlers and how often do they poop?

DD's "poop routine" is changing without reason and it has me concerned. She isn't in any discomfort but still. How often do other 2 yr olds with good diets go?

Asked by jus1jess at 11:49 AM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My DD poops like 3-5x a day and itisn't hard it's mush. She is 18 mo old almost.

Answer by raemommy at 11:51 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• My 13month old goes 2-3 times a day on average.

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 11:54 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Felipe is almost three and he has no regular routine, over the last year it has varied from 2-3 times a day to once every 2 or 3 days.

Answer by FelipesMom at 11:56 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I have a 2-year-old, and he usually goes once a day, sometimes twice, sometimes he goes 2-3 days without.

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:28 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• adriel is 1 2 or 3

Answer by rozepyle at 1:14 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• 16 mos and only goes 1 time a day regularly and it is the same time everyday. Recently she has added an extra right before bath (in the last couple of days).

Answer by coala at 7:06 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Ro' will be 2 this week, and she varies as well. Sometimes she's once a day, others she's 2-4 times a day. It doesn't seem to matter what she does or doesn't eat, as long as we steer clear of juice and any kind of citrus.

Answer by MommyLady at 1:34 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• My son is almost 18months and he normally poops 1-2x daily. How toddlers poop mainly is a result of what they eat. If they are getting enough fiber or what not. One o my sons favorite foods is a banana and he of course loves milk, but he if eats alot of banana and milk it's harder for him to poop. If you give Apple juice to your LO it might help. We give this to our son to keep him regular, but i know its not going to hurt if your LO doesn't go poop everyday.

Answer by Borikaos at 6:15 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• my son is 17 months and normally poops once every morning after breakfast. Sometimes he will go again later in the day. He will only go if we are home though, if we are out running errands he will hold it until we get home.

Answer by Jnc91 at 11:11 AM on Nov. 9, 2009