Do you allow your kids to play with balls in the house?

We do...one of favorite games to play is dodge ball-in the house- we throw balls and kick them in the house

I was working in the nursery the other day with this lady and this kid throws the ball and she goes "oh hunny we don't throw the ball inside" I was thinking well don't ever come to my house

we don't have anything that is expensive that could break- no lamps- only some pictures but frames are cheap

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nope... We have a huge yard, front and back, if they can't do it out there then they don't do it. The balls are kept in the garage anyway so they have to go out to get them anyway... If I wanted to play ball in my house we would have built a gymnasium instead of a house.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:02 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• we play ball in the house. my babies are still young. so me and daddy are the ones who knock things over :) but i think its good and fun for my 15 month old to throw balls all around an be crazy. maybe if her and her brother were a lot older i'd tell them to go outside. but the occasional "ball fight" will always be acceptable.
    Anonymous

• No they can go outside and kick balls. wow your a cool mom! my kids would like u
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 12:09 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• i think that's awesome! we play with balls in our house too. let a kid be a kid! have fun! my fondest memories of childhood are when my dad would let us do fun stuff like that. and he would build stuff for us. take us places, all kinds of awesome stuff! i don't wanna be the mom with a stick up her butt. lol.
    AidanDylan

Answer by AidanDylan at 12:11 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Oh h@#$ yea,that's one of my daughter's favorite things to do,not only that but my cat loves it too.It's so much fun to see the two of them chasing the ball around my apt.
    cutebaby06

Answer by cutebaby06 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• No, and I don't have a stick up my butt. Kids can be kids, but they also need to have limits. I think as long as your child knows that they don't do this in other peoples' houses then have at it.
    Anonymous

• we just got my little guy a little tikes basketball hoop, so we are always playing basketball in the house, lol. it's too cold to play outside now.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 1:12 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• That's what the outside is for.
    My_4_cuties_08

Answer by My_4_cuties_08 at 1:32 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• There is limited ball throwing and only in certain rooms. I have breakables and paintings that I would cry is broken. Plus there is a back yard to throw, kick, bounce, and what ever else they want to do with it.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 2:14 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I only have one kid and he's only 15 months. I let him toss around his bouncy ball. When he's old enough to know how to throw and kick it no way will it be in the house. I have more respect for our home and our belongings.
    Anonymous