Do you ever let the house work go? I'm so sick and just don't feel like cleaning.

Yesterday I vomited all day long and had diarrhea. I was in horrible shape. Today, I only have diarrhea, but still am not feeling the best. I am usually the type to keep things in perfect working order, I hate the house being dirty. But today I just can not bring myself to clean. My dishes are dirty. There are pizza boxes on the counter(I didn't even cook yesterday), my floors need vacuumed, and there are toys everywhere. Also my bathroom is in horrible shape(I'll leave it to the imagination). What would you do? Force yourself to clean, or let it go until you felt better? Does it make me a bad mom to have a dirty house?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Nov. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• Amen Sister... I am right there with you. I do not want to clean for anything. I say, once a week.... if it get dirtied before the week is up, tough cookies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Give me a break! You need to take care of yourself if you are sick. That doesn't make you a bad mom. Don't worry about it. It doesn't sound like your house is "dirty" just a little messy. There is a big difference.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:01 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Ask your hubby for a hand? Just a thought... or a family memeber, friend? I was sick and did absolutely nothing around the house, because I just didn't have the energy.
    JDanesMommy

Answer by JDanesMommy at 12:02 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• YES YES YES I DO. my health is WAY more important than a clean house! i have been down with morning sickness and an extreme cold (cant take medicine since I'm still in my first trimester) and so the house went to hell. My husband and family knew that i couldn't clean so there was nothing said about it. Yesterday i was feeling much better so i got up and did some cleaning. Your children need a healthy mom and a dirty house more than a sick mom and a clean house. Your body will thank you for the rest.

momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 12:02 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I would leave it be , maybe just maybe you could ask for some assistance from everyone, I 'm pretty sure you didn't make a mess all by yourself ....recruit sister ! LoL
    RedheadMom02

Answer by RedheadMom02 at 12:07 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Take the time to get better and tell you lazy family to clean the house!!!!!! There is NO reason they can't clean up after themselves. Any reason someone else couldn't throw out the pizza boxes? That is lazy.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:20 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• If I'm sick I'm not doing anything but resting and caring for my daughter. My husband isn't going to do any major cleaning but he'll do a load of laundry if it needs it and at least put the dirty dishes in the sink or dishwasher and start it up.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2009