How many extra points can I use if I am nursing, on top of the points that the Weight Watchers booklet recommends (18)?Thanks!

Tehila

Asked by Tehila at 5:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Not sure about the points you're asking about... we don't have weight watchers here in Jamaica. What I do know is that if you're nursing, you have to eat well and take very good care of yourself so that both you and your baby will be totally kewl... ;-)
    AngelaChenShui

Answer by AngelaChenShui at 5:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• You only need an extra 5-800 calories a day, Equivalent to a glass of milk or 1/2 a sandwich. I don't think that small amount wound count for a point. Sorry darlin, you just gotta stick to your plan. You can always ask your WW leader person.
    sapient

Answer by sapient at 5:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• nursing mommies get up to 44 pts. you add another 14 pts. I think. Go to wieght watchers.com and i think that you could get a more accurate answer. I will add though judge this carefully for yourself based on what your baby needs. I went with 44 pts. as reccomended, and it wasn't enough for me while my metabolism was changing( I was recently found to be hypoglyciemic(did I spell that Right?)) and I dried up!Ask your WW Leader at your next meeting if you can't find anthing out in the mean time.
    inmyownworld

Answer by inmyownworld at 5:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• PS:don't be afraid to use those extra 35 per week pts.
    inmyownworld

Answer by inmyownworld at 5:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• You use an extra 10 points per day. For my weight I was allowed 20 points per day but since i was nursing, I got 30 points per day. HTH
    StephanieP23

Answer by StephanieP23 at 6:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• if the 10 extra they give you are not enough every day, then just fill up on the freebies like veggies...
    momsamillion

Answer by momsamillion at 11:30 AM on Jun. 25, 2008