I am concerned I never feel hydrated and am 8 weeks pregnant.

I am 8 weeks pregnant today and it doesnt matter that I drink all day long, I never feel hydrated. I had an ultra sound and they had me empty my bladder and by the end of the ultra sound it was full again and the girl said I was really hydrated and I laughed at her because I felt dehydrated. What can cause this or how do I make it stop?

mommyin07n08

Asked by mommyin07n08 at 12:01 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Did you ask her? If you are drinking plenty of fluids, is your skin hydrated? Use plenty of moisturizer, and stay away from caffeinated drinks, such as soda, coffee and tea!!
    Anonymous

• You've got a lot of extra blood flow to keep up, so your liquid intake has to increase. It's completely normal to feel thirsty all the time (I would drink a 2-liter bottle of water in about 4 hours every day). Just keep drinking when you're thirsty, and you'll be fine. And don't expect it to go away any time soon; it stays that way through the whole pregnancy. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:08 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I felt that way during my 3rd preg and I started drinking gatorade which helped with the feeling. You just cant drink too much, as its got sugar in it and its no good in excess
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 12:10 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Thats the thing. This is my 3 pregnancy and I have never felt this way. My grandfather asked me if I have diabetes, but I have never been diagnosed with them. I plan on talking to my doctor next friday at my appointment and on Monday at my endocronologist appointment to see if maybe it could be from my thyroid meds.
    mommyin07n08

Answer by mommyin07n08 at 12:12 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• i'm 7 weeks and i always feel thirsty too! i posted a question a few days ago and some people said it can be a sign of diabetes but i have also read that it's normal to feel thirsty during pregnancy. i drink a lot of water and a glass or 2 of milk a day, usually no soda or juice. just lots of water. still feel so thirsty!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 1:35 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I am 20 wks and am still thirsty all of time. I drink tons of water all day. I do notice that I crave salty foods- no sweets though. Probably has something to do with it.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 8:06 PM on Nov. 7, 2009