Do you prefer nonstick surfaced frying pans or Stainless steel with no nonstick surface?

I've been searching high and low for a frying pan that doesn't have a non stick surface. I hate the non stick surface which I think shortens the life of the pan. I'd also like to find a pan made in the USA. I find it interesting that pans made in the USA in the 30's through the 50's are still working great. Yet a new frying pan might last 2 years if you're lucky. I'd rather pay a bit more and have a pan without the nonstick surface that is made here in the USA? Any one else. Discussion welcome.

QuillingDiva

Asked by QuillingDiva at 12:02 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I prefer the nonstick kind. I don't have the time, energy or patience to fool with the nonstick ones. If it's made in the USA or not makes no difference in ANYTHING to me. Lots of crap is made in the USA, as you well know.
    Anonymous

• I like t fal pans. and i don't mind buyin new ones every 2 years.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 12:05 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I like the nonstick but I do pull out my castiron heavy pans occasionally.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 12:08 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I love the cast iron. No matter what you do to that pan, it survives. takes a while to get it seasoned super but well worth it, and they are made in the USA.
    Anonymous

• I use stainless steel or cast iron.

T-fal, teflon, etc. are highly toxic.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:48 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I grew up with Revere Ware copper clad stainless steel cookware. I received non stick pans as a wedding gift and they were worthless in just a few years. Then I spend the money to get a set of Revere Ware for myself and I have had them for over 10 years now. I also have a set of cast iron. Love them both.

Last I checked, Revere Ware cookware is made in the USA.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 3:28 PM on Nov. 7, 2009