Could the pain be caused from the iodine or is it because my ear is infected that bad? How can I make it better without taking my earring out?

Man O man... my ear is so infected and hot right now... I am in pain. I put some iodine on it but I am not sure if it's helping or making it hurt worst.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Health

• I would take out the piercing unless it is new. I would also use peroxide or rubbing alcohol on a q tip to clean it up. My body is really sensitive to peircings and I don't wear earrings unless it is a special occasion because of that.
    When I do wear earrings I have to wear them for a couple of days and they always hurt and swell up and get puss. then I take them out and clean them really well for a day and then put them back in. Ugh...what an ordeal. I should just start wearing clipons.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:22 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• try some pain-relief neosporin gel/ointment. But if it's as bad as you say, you might want to see a doc or a Minute-clinic or something to get an antibiotic.
    Anonymous