Can a 7 month old drink tap water?

I have always mixed my son's formula with gerber baby water, right now I am out of baby water and my car is going to be in the shop until Monday. Do you think it would be okay to mix it with tap water, or should I call someone and get them to bring me some baby water? What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• as long as the water in your town is good to drink. I had to do the same thing with my DD and she was fine, he may poop a little bit extra from the change but it should be fine
    ashtynsmom730

Answer by ashtynsmom730 at 12:15 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• boil it that should make it alot better.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 12:18 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I only ever used tap water in my son's bottles, and I never boiled it. City water is well-regulated, and as long as there are no boil alerts, it should be fine. Or you could boil it anyway, just to make yourself feel better.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I only used bottled water for DS because we have well water and you can't drink it unless it's boiled and that's just too much work for every bottle. If you can drink the tap water, so can your baby.
    babyboomboom

Answer by babyboomboom at 12:46 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Thanks so much! I don't feel nearly as bad about giving it to him now.
    Anonymous