How long does it take for the "pregnancy belly" look to go away after your baby is born?? Not just the extra weight but the Pregnant look??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The fullness of the belly can take a couple of weeks to go down. However, the actually flab and weight that you've aquired during pregnancy can take months, if not years to go down. If you gained a lot during your pregnancy, or you had a large belly during pregnancy you can have a lot of extra stomach left over. Even after the initial pregnancy belly has gone away. This can only be cured by excersise, proper sleeping habits, and healthy food habits. The initial fullness that makes you look pregnant (not the extra weight or flab) stays for a couple of weeks to a month. That's as the body reduces in swelling, the uterus retracts, and your stomach muscles come back in closer to the body.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:24 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• DS is 16M and I still have flab that makes me look pregnant.
    babyboomboom

Answer by babyboomboom at 12:47 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• It depends on how you stomach was before, working out, and how big you got.  Before pregnancy I wasn't very muscular.  My muscle were rather weak after my first child and even worse after my second. So with my first it was about 18 months no working out. My second I just started working out and she is 22 months. I still have the 3 month prego look, but it jiggles. lol  So I am starting to work out and there has been improvement in the last month.  Every women are different.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:48 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• like 2 weeks for my first. add a week each kid. I guess. so my last was about 5-6 weeks to go down. My sister looked good the next dam day!!
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 12:49 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• you mean the belly being swollen or looking fat> cuz the belly being swollen a few wks as for lookling fat depends on you how well you eat, workout and of course metabolism
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:07 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Took a long time for me because I had developed preeclampsia. Honestly, though, when pople tell you it takes a year to FEEL normal, they're right. I thought they were crazy, but it literally took me 8 months (2 months after weaning her) to START feeling normal. Since September, I've lost the weight.

Don't rush it. You have to do it when it is the right time, and you'll know what that is by how you feel.
    SlightlyPerfect

Answer by SlightlyPerfect at 3:08 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• It only took me like 2-3 days.
    Anonymous

• My baby was 10 months old when I got pregnant the second time and at 10 months PP I still had the pregnant look. :(

My second baby was 10 months old when I got pregnant with my third and even though I had lost all of the prepregnancy weight, I still had the awful belly.

I'm having my third in 6 more weeks. We'll see how I look a year after delivery since I never had enough time after the other 2 to really get my belly down.

My OB says that for most women it takes about a year before their belly doesn't look pregnant at all.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:33 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I had a c-section, not sure if that makes a difference, but it took a while for me...maybe close to 2 months. My dd is 5 months now and I still have more flab on my belly than before but I don't look prego anymore.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 4:49 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• After about a week I was pretty flat, I sill had weight to me but most of it was in my hips and ass. I BF and that supposed to help your uterus contract back to normal. Sometimes you can even feel slight cramping during let down in the begining.
    Anonymous