Anyone taking Depo or did take it?

I am going to start taking the depo shot. I have never taken it before. I have always used the pill, with no problem. I was told some women gain weigth on it. I was wondering did you gain weight? If so how much? Did you lose it easily when/ if you discontinued it?

DevilInPigtails

Asked by DevilInPigtails at 12:54 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Health

• I love depo! I never gained any weight and not having a period is wonderful! However, each person's body reacts differently so the only way to know for sure if you like it is to try it out.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 2:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• My hair fell out VERY bad
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 12:56 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• terrible hermonal issues with it. i was a bitch or crying. EVERYONE i know who took dep gained at least 20lbs, many 40plus.. no it does not come off easy. i mean...what is the point of doing it if your only going to stop when you gain weight.
    its not just cause you eat more, your body almost thinks its prgnant on depo in lamens terms...it holds noto water and food bad.
    you will gain weight. you will most likely experience hormonal issues like your pregnant somteimes, also food cravings like your pregnant. possible hair thinning and/or loss, weak nails, weaker bones over time if used for long term and it takes forever to get out of your system when you stop.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 2:11 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• worst birth control ever. if you want an easy no side effects bc... nuva ring. if you cant remember to take it out every 21 days. try mirena.

any other bc including implanon, depo, pills etc etc............have a lot of issues attached to them. the implants inside of you NOT IMPLANON IN THE ARM and nuva ring are the best becaue they do not work on a whole body hormonal element, they just work on the "baby making" area. worst side effect with nuva ring, skin irritation at the beginning but i never got that. ive used every bc under the sun, nuva is my fave. sur ei have to take it out every 21 days, allow 7 days for a period, put a new one back in...but i have the optio to just put in a new one immediately and skip ap eriod if i want, absolutely no side effects minus my periods are light
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 2:14 PM on Nov. 7, 2009