Did I "talk" him into marriage?

I told my DH before he proposed, that if he wasn't interested in getting married, we needed to move our seperate ways. He later told me he felt "forced" into getting married because of the way I worded the ultimatum. We've been married 3 yrs, it's both our 2nd marriages. Should I be concerned at all that he resents me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• He wasn't forced his was given a fork in the road. He made his decision and only he can be accountable for it.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 1:17 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• He was not forced into marriage, it was a decision he made as an adult.  I would be concerned about why he felt the need to bring this up now, and have him help me understand his timing.

okmom2323

Answer by okmom2323 at 1:37 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I agree with kc, you told him what you wanted and if he wasn't willing to give it to you then you were going your own way. He made the choice, he wanted you! I also agree wtih ok, why bring it up now?
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 4:41 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• It gets brought up when we have arguments
    Anonymous