Now that my daughter is off the bottle she has a bigger appitite. I need some ideas on things to feed her. She is kinda picky. I feel like I am always feeding her the same thing and I want her to have more of a variety. Any suggestions???

KPlunk

Asked by KPlunk at 1:13 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Fix her plate from what you're eating. She can eat the same stuff you are other than specific items you've not tried her on yet and possible allergens.
    Anonymous

• Any fruit or vegetable. My kids all loved picking stuff up themselves! If the fruit isn't in season, I bought canned or frozen stuff (no syrup or lite). Cut up pieces of chicken, ground beef. I am terrible at not offering things I don't like. I forget because I don't buy them for myself! Lol! My kids eat plenty of things I don't like. Also, keep offering!!! Say she doesn't like green beans, give her one or two every day. It may take a month, but most likely she will decide to eat it one day and enjoy it. My 3 year old is still like that. Also cheese. All my kids have loved any and all cheese.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:21 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Cut up fruits and veggies - - my daughter LOVES sugar snap peas, berries of any kind, and bananas. Fruit cups are an easy way to go, although they are drenched in syrup - I also buy bags of frozen fruit and veggies that aren't in season.
    Chicken nuggets - from a frozen bag, put 3-4 on a paper towel on a plate and stick it in the microwave for 1 minute 0 not too hot and not too cold.
    sweet potato fries, baked in the oven.
    Pasta - - My daughter will eat anything that's mixed with pasta and spaghetti sauce ;)
    Dried fruits - - mango, papaya, apple, cranberries, blueberries. . . .
    Cheese and yogurt - both good sources of calcium and protein :)
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 3:43 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Fruits, veggies, pasta, hot dogs, chicken nuggets .. Tiffanymarie has some good suggestions. You can also do lunch meat, cheese (american or cut up block cheese), fish sticks, meatballs, scrambled eggs, cereal (like cheerios), Crackers, Potatoes, Pop Tarts, French fries, sweet potato fries, Salisbury steak, cut up chicken, French toast, waffles, pancakes, toast with a little butter or jam on it, cottage cheese, grilled cheese, Mac and Cheese, Shells and Cheese, Stuffing, Rice .. Those are the things I can think of off the top of my head.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:51 PM on Nov. 7, 2009