When my daugter was small she was had bad colic for about the first 6 months. It seems like I was the only one who could calm her. Now that she is 16 months she is really independent but she is still kinda clingy to her mama. My husband gets rather fustrated with this because often times she wants nothing to do with him. So he kinda takes a step back and dosnt really help me out at all. How can I get him to put in more of an effort?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm in kinda the same boat. I explained to my husband that the reason my daughter doesn't want daddy is because mommy has always met all her needs, and so she doesn't really know him. I told him that putting in an effort with her every now and then would help change that. And it has. She doesn't always run away when he tries to give her a hug now lol.

Maybe try that?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:18 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• im kind of in that same boat too, except she tries to get his attention but he gets so into the tv i have to tell him,look shes talking to u or something.i bitch at him all the time telling him he never helps out without having to be asked.so what i did was my routine with her is making her plate he cleans it up sometimes also, i give her baths,he reads a book to her and tosses her around on our bed(she loves it) we develpoed a routine for him to do with her every night.pick one thing out he can do with her
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:48 PM on Nov. 7, 2009