Any advice will help.

This really isn't a question, more or less so uplifting words that can make me feel better. I just recieved my appointment to go anf find out the sex of my baby. The problem is, the date falls on the exact day that will mark the 3 year anniversary of my mother's passing. This is a very hard day for me and I feel completely alone. Since finding out I have been very sad and depressed and i'm really dreading this day. I can't reschedule and I really don't want to because I bugged my OB to give me a date. I'm hurting so much inside because my mother was all I had in the world. Please, if anyone can give me some advice I would greatly appreciate it. I just don't know what to do or feel. I miss my mommy. We shared everything. (birthdays are march 19 &20, 20 years apart.) As the date get's closer my heart breaks more and more. Sigh......thanks for reading. Sorry if I am being a bother and rambling

lavendersky

Asked by lavendersky at 1:21 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• I would not have had that reaction.... quiet the opposite... I would have seen it as an amazing sign from your mother that she sees what is going on, is with you, and is just as excited for you as she would be if she was standing beside you.

Do you really think it is JUST happened to fall on that day????????

Before you go in for your appointment take a minute and talk to your mom. Tell her how thankful you were to have her, what a great mom she was, and ask for her to be with you for this ride. Ask her to watch over you and the baby and let her know how much you will cary forward her love into your mothering.

Take it as a blessing and a sign.... ALWAYS look for the good in these things.
    Anonymous

• why can't you change the appointment date? my first appointment was put off a couple weeks simply because the day it fell on, the technician had called in sick.
    other than that, i understand the date thing. but if you don't change the appointment, try looking at it as something you and she can share about the baby? talk to her about it..just think-if she were still here, she'd be with you when you went to find out the sex, right? she still is!
    its only been three years, so you'll have to give yourself time to deal with her death. no one can tell you how to deal with it..when you're ready to embrace life without constantly dreading days that remind you of momma, you will...and you'll have a precious little child to share it with. (hope this helps.)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:55 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Thank you both. Quite amazing thing is that about a month ago I had a dream that I was pushing my baby to my home and my mom was on the stoop and called my baby by name. It was so great and heart-breaking at the same time. I hope that what she said was true.....She named my "daughter" Ti-Amber. I miss her so much....................................
    lavendersky

Answer by lavendersky at 1:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• My son's due date was the date of my grandmas birthday. She died years ago but I was very close to her. I wanted him to be born on this day, but he wasn't. I saw it as something good-not bad. He was born the day after my birthday..a week after my grandma's and I still think she had something to do with it .
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 3:12 PM on Nov. 7, 2009