What would you do, have you been in this situation?

Ok, I am taking six online classes and there is this one course I just cannot keep my head above water. I'm starting to think I'm screwed. I've e-mailed my instructor but nothing....

Five of the other classes, I'm doing okay in but I just can't keep this one up. I have a month left and I'm starting to get worried. No amount of work I do in this class helps...

Have you ever been though this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i took an online biology class and struggled a lot.

Try messaging or emailing others in your class and see if they want to set up a virtual study group, a lot online classes provide a list of students in the class and you can email through the class site.

Keep trying the professor... i would email him everyday until he answers you.

R u going through a strictly online university or a State university that provides online classes?
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:27 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• i was going to take online courses when i was pregnant because i didnt want to go to school pregnant, so i signed up for them and the first day of school when i saw what it was like, i know i couldnt do online courses - to much reading, and it just seemed to difficult for me so i went & switched right back to regular classes. ive failed two classes though for the same reason, because i just couldnt do it, i could keep up ...
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• It's through a University that provides classes and in class courses. I live an hour away from the school though. That's my problem or I'd go up there and talk to her.
    Anonymous

• I took a bunch of my classes online an only had that problem once where the professor was just not responding it turned out her mother was very sick and ended up dying so the professor just gave us one final paper and graded everyone who had turned in the assignments an A. If he/she has an office on campus call to set up a meeting driving the hour once will be better than failing after all this time put into it. Also try emailing others in the class or posting on the bulliten board if there is one.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 2:13 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I would go up there but I already have to four times this semester and I have a job. That's my problem.
    Anonymous

• If you can't go up there, I would just call him and leave a message if he doesn't answer. And leave another. And another. It's his job to help his students, online or not, so if you are having this much of a hard time, he needs to be helping you. Maybe he would also give an extra assignment or something to pull your grade up? My friend took online classes and was doing not so great...but her professors were very good about working things out and trying to help her succeed. If the guy still ignores you, contact the school dean or whoever his boss is and tell him ur having some problems getting in touch with one of your teachers. Not in a mean way...but you gotta do what you gotta do.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 2:39 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Call or e-mail your instructor. if no answer, e-mail other people who are taking the course. i know there is one class i'm taking that i had NO idea how to write the paper and my instructor sent me an example of what I was suppose to be doing. It helped out so much! And a lot of my "class mates" have helped when I'm stumped on things also
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 7, 2009