Anyone else notice? (Super Nanny)

All of the families on Super Nanny seem to be more well off? It's usually a married couple, with a very nice house, the husband works outside the home, the mom is a SAHM... You never see the average american family- middle class, 2 working parents, or even single or gay parents. Why is that? Am I the only one that noticed?

Annabel1809Lee

Asked by Annabel1809Lee at 1:26 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I noticed that last night. Who has a house like that? All the shows I have seen have spectacular houses!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:28 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I would imagine the income level has a huge affect. I have heard for many of those types of shows, the rooms in your house have to be big enough for the filming crew. That means we will never get a makeover for any room in our house. Lol!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:29 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• hmm that is true.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 1:30 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Maybe those are the sort of people who have the most screwed up kids?
    Anonymous

• I looked at the website for super nanny and you actually have to pay her to come to your house. Thats why it looks that way. Its not like wifeswap or the other reality shows. She's getting paid very well to get those bad assed kids in line.
    Anonymous

• Ive seen a few families with two working parents. I saw one family that seemed lower middle class but not poor and that episode was in England- and thats the only episode Ive seen with a family like that.
    Ziggy-Stardust

Answer by Ziggy-Stardust at 1:43 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I wonder if the large house is a requirment due to having room to accomodate the film crew?
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 1:43 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I have watched a couple times and never noticed that... they looked like average homes to me.

Maybe I can think of two homes that were on the 'wow' side.
    Anonymous

Your house is probably huge and it would take a lot to "wow" you.
    They all look pretty well off to me. Ive only seen 1 or 2 who werent, and even they looked atleast upper middle classed
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 1:56 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• never though ot it that way! lol well if anon's :39's statement is true then we know why
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2009