prophetic word

just was wondering if anyone on here has the gift of prophecy (in the biblical) sense-and how doyou do about having a prophetic word spoken over you or does it just happen???? I know probably a weird question--hope it came out right

jdmyangel

Asked by jdmyangel at 1:27 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• the gift of prophecy ended long ago. No one gets prophetic revelation.
    Anonymous

• The person that posted above me is in great error!
    I have the gift of prophecy.
    It just flows. Sometimes I even ask God to give me something to say. Most of what I give uplifts and encourages people in their walk with the Lord. He gives me pictures and words.

Hope that helps. Prophecy does happen today and will not end until the end of the age.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:47 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Prophecy does happen today. It comes in the form of personal revelation. God knows each and every one of us, and He speaks to us as individuals. All you have to do is seek His guidance.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 3:08 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Like the anon poster, I thought that most denominations believed that direct revelation from God was no longer available to Christians. Is personal revelation really prophecy? I would have called them similar but not the same.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 3:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• nysa I don't agree.. I believe God still gives revelation today. It doesn't happen as often because of the unbelief that He does not speak to us today.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• the anon and nysa are correct
    we don't need prophets today they ended with the bible but the bible does speak of false prophets in the last days which we are in according to bible prophecy, so there are people who claim to be prophets but aren't. The proof is in the prophecy if one prophecy is not fulfilled by a so called prophet and they then have to change the prophecy to fit the circumstances then they are a false prophet, The bible's prophecies have been and still are bein fulfilled today so I'll continue to trust God's word and his prophecies only the bible says not to add or take away from it so if somebody is claiming to be a prophet today then according to God's word they are a false prophet,I would check the Bible before I believe a person saying that the speak to God. Jesus fulfilled over 300 prophecies while He was on Earth.
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 8:18 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• If the bible speaks of false prophets then there are real prophets too .. :-)
    Jesus was a prophet and we are to be like Him as well.
    If prophets ended with the bible then so did Apostles, teachers, evangelist and healers
    1 Corinthians 12
    27Now you are Christ's body, and individually members of it.
    28And God has appointed in the church, first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, various kinds of tongues.

We are still the church.... and these are still in existence. They will die when the end of the age comes... it is then we will not need it anymore because Christ will be seen by all , heard by all and known by all.

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:44 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• there are false prophets and real ones. i think we just take this out of conext. i do know that prophecy can be told but to how much degree is gods choice. i do belive here are fortune tellers etc and hat is a whole diff. kind real as can be cause the bible tells us of this and i believe there are false prophets. idk there is a line i feel in what God may consider a prophet and the world. the answers are in the bible about prophets. i think we get prophets and future tellers mixed up in a way.
    mamakat12

Answer by mamakat12 at 7:38 AM on Nov. 19, 2009