"Dragon Breath" (Also in health section)

Ok so I have always had very very bad morning breath. It never bothered me before because the only person I would see first thing in the morning is my son. Now, usually my boyfriend is at work before I wake up so it wasn't a problem. Well this weekend he is home from work and I apologized about it. He didn't try to embarass me but said "yeah your morning breath is some of the worse that I've smelled." (He didn't say it meanly just matter of factly"

Anyone know how I can prevent my dragon breath in the morning?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Do you have a tongue scraper? I find that when my morning breath is horrid I tend to have a huge gunk build up on the back of my tongue.
    Anonymous

• I would suggest gargling with Listerine at night. Brush your teeth right away in the mornings before you do anything else. Brush your tongue and the roof of your mouth. Make sure you are flossing regularly. Also, something else I have found helpful is to brush your teeth and gargle with Peroxide a couple times a week... it also helps whiten your teeth!
    Anonymous

• I had horried breath and terrible BO that no matter what I did, it was still there. After, I had my gallbladder removed due to daily gallbladder attacts, it all went away. I asked the DR about this and he said that yes, if you have an infection or something going on internally it sometimes does cause BO or bad breath.
    Anonymous

• I would talk to your Doctor or Dentist. It could be medical.
    yldflwr

Answer by yldflwr at 5:06 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• sinus drainage can also cause bad breath. buishing, tongue scraping, and swishing are all good places to start. If you have sinus drainage, you'll need to invest in a neti pot to clear out your sinuses before bed.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:33 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• ick. sounds serious. talk to your dentist. and start flossing pronto. also brush your tongue really well with a hard bristle brush. get the back of your tongue. in my opinion, listerine actually dried my mouth out. and the reason your breath stinks is due to bacteria. drink more fluids and make sure your room stays a lil moist. try a humidifier. and yes it could definitely be medical. but try those things too after you see your dentist.
    siren_sexy

Answer by siren_sexy at 12:52 PM on Dec. 5, 2009