What is your view on porn?

I had an ex with a porn addiction in the past. I told my now husband that I didn't want porn in our household and it was something that really bothered me. He said he was fine with that and he didn't need it, etc. I made it clear before we married. Now it comes up every few months or so. It makes me want to divorce him. Do you think it's too dramatic to leave him over his viewing online porn? I was a victim child abuse by a whoremongering porn lover and it all brings up such ugligness for me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• I think that if you have such strong feelings about it and he trespasses on those feelings then that is a grevious wrong. I personally have no problem with porn, but the fact that he doesn't think twice about hurting you like that is serious. Have you confronted him about it?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:16 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• No wonder the divorce rate is so high in this country.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 2:21 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• umm well in your situation i think your husband should care more about your feelings than seeing some big tit whore being effed...but as for my view i dont care too much for porn my boyfriend watches but if he does most the time its with me and we end up having sex anyway (some people might think thats weird whatever) but ya if youve already gone through a divorce and porn really has such an affect on your life your husband sould just let it GO! its not that serious..
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 2:30 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I think he is respecting your wish not to be around it. He may still be viewing it but he isnt bugging you about it necessarily.

Would I leave him over porn...heck no. I love my husband despite his faults because there is more to him then his screwing something up from time to time.

As for porn in my own home, my DH and I compromised years ago that we would watch it together occasionally but I was not wanting him to do it alone or sneak it behind my back(cuz ya..he used to do that). He has honored and respected my wishes ever since.

I see no harm in compromising to make another happy. However, because you have past issues then I can see why you might not want to compromise but dont get all pissy with him cuz he wants to look but does it away from you or behind your back because he is, in his own way, respecting your wishes.

Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:30 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• We all have our deal breakers and if my husband was doing something that brought up such negitive feelings for me all the time.. i would the ultimatim.. I think it matters how it will affect you. if you were doing something that bought up painful memories for him i am sure he would want you to stop..
    TaiM

Answer by TaiM at 2:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I think people who need porn to have sex are pathetic. We don't view porn at all we have sex twice a day everyday sometimes more. Instead of being a pathetic loser who need to watch other pathetic losers have sex. We are each others fantasy. We have been married 25 years and our sex life is better than ever. If you are keeping him busy he won't be looking at those nasty pathetic women.
    Anonymous

• I would leave him He knew and he's being a jackass.
    Anonymous

• If both parties are not on the same page, then it doesn't make it okay to do...they should both be in agreement. Spouses should respect each other and put their selfishness aside to not do anything to jepordize their marriage. If something makes you uncomfortable, you can't change that and shouldn't be forced to.
    Anonymous

• anon 08 get over yourself she said nothing about her relationship needing porn you judgemental jumping to conclusion bitch! she asked for help not for your bitchyness if your relationship is so wonderful with your husband why do you need to brag about it like a little cunt? and why reply anonymous your so much better than us on here right? the way you and your husbands sex life is there is no need for you to hide behind that little button!
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 7:13 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• sorry for replying to your question this way op,i try to avoid people like anon 08 but their ignorance is not not meerly bliss! BUT PATHETIC! i hope things go well for you and your husband
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 7:16 PM on Nov. 7, 2009