Pagans who keep a BOS, what's your opinion on this?

Just wondering, there really is no right or wrong answer.

What is your opinion of having some things typed in your BOS, instead of written by hand? Do you feel one is better than the other (for yourself, at least)? Why?

Thanks ladies! Just curious about your views about it. I'll post my answer in a few minutes.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 2:16 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have built my BOS with the idea that I will someday pass it on, if not to my children to one of my students... Everything in my book is typed and spell checked. This way I know everything I pass on is read as it was written. My Book of Mirrors on the other hand is hand written, and then a typed one is kept on a flash drive for back up - just in case. But since my Book of Mirrors is only for me, I see no reason to be so anal about it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:40 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I dont see anything wrong with it. Mine is handwritten because I bought a cool book to use. If I just used a folder of some sort odds are good Id be typing on the computer and printing out LOL.

Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:23 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• OP here: I personally prefer to write things out for my BOS, but there are some things that I'm considering typing up (like things that are not originally mine, such as beliefs and practices, information about deities, etc.), but I'm not sure yet if I will or not. My BOS is seriously in need of being added to and re-organized, but I hardly have the time. I'm in the process, though.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:20 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• LOL

I have a ESB of Shadows!
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:09 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I have some typed things in mine. For me it is about aesthetics, I have lousy handwriting so I use a pretty script. But if the written word is part of a spell or ritual I write it out for that purpose then I usually burn that piece of paper or bury it or whatever is appropriate so the permanent record can still be typed in my BOS.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 3:13 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I'm a terrible speller... so I do both. I figure I can put my own energy into it either way. ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 5:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I have both actually... actually I have even printed out pages and have added them to my BOS... I see nothing wrong with it...Now when I purchase that special BOS that I have my sights on, then everything will be done by hand... and the old BOS will be burned ... but until then it's a combo work of art... :)
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:06 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I just write everything down, unless I print something I find on the internet.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 8:28 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I write a lot of my information out, but there are times where I"ll have something printed up for personal use and just put it in the book. Usually I intend to write it, but that doesn't always happen!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 9:27 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• It's your BoS, so I feel that whatever you want to do with it is up to you. I love that they are so personal to the one who makes them, specifically. I have a friend who types all of her rituals and information and prints them out and places them neatly in plastic inserts and then into her BoS. She has the whole thing categorized and can find any one thing at any given time in a short amount of time. I find that kind of organization appealing.

My BoS is a bit of both hand- written and printed, but honestly, I prefer typed and printed. When I do spell work, I write out my spells, of course, but they usually get burned during ritual. Then I record what it was I did in my Mirror Book, which is all hand-written.
    Guinhyvar

Answer by Guinhyvar at 12:00 AM on Nov. 8, 2009