Can I come over?

Do you keep your house clean enough for anyone to come over/stop by?

not that anyone does come over to my house...but I do keep mine clean enough that I wouldn't be emberrased. It isn't sparkling though...we live in a lived in looking house if that makes since...I know my kids will only be young for a little while.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• People pretty much understand by now that if they come by without calling and giving me at least 3 days notice, my house is gonna be messy, my hair will look really bad, and I may not have anything good to drink...
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 3:12 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Mine is pretty messy a lot of the time, I would probably be embarrassed if someone just dropped by, but if they did I would just appologize for the mess and let them in. It's not bad like my mom's house was/is. She really doesn't like for people to come over. At least our dishes are done everyday (more thanks to my husband than me though) and I try to keep bathrooms from getting gross and stuff like that. But overall I've just never learned how to keep up with all the clutter. Especially mail, it's like paper just accumulates so quickly and our counters get covered all the time.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 3:15 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Sure you can stop by...My house is my house and it is how it is---like it or leave :)
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:18 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• my house is decent. It is sparkling, and it isn't a wreck. I think mos tpeople understand i have kids so there are toys everywhere, they get picked up once a day, which is the end of the night, my dishes get done once a day, which is after dinner, so dishes will sit in the sink until then. My bathrooms i try to keep one decent for if anyone shows up, and mine is how it is, i like to keep it clean but sometimes i am to busy. We actually CLEAN our house about once a month. which includes the usualy dust vacuum mop
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 3:22 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• i meant to say it *isn't sparking and it isn't a wreck*
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 3:23 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• The house is clean like vaccumed, clean dishes, no laundry out, but it looks like a toy box exploded! Even 5 minutes after picking up toys. Its like my son walks behind me with a bag of toys and as I pick up one he puts another down. So ya if you come over your not going to be assailed by a stinky mess, but watch your feet!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:24 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I like a little warning, maybe 30 min to an hour to pick up! Our house is lived in as well! lol but there are times I would be embarrassed if someone stopped by! My boys and my 9 year old SIL make quite the mess!!

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 4:10 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I think ours is clean enough for company, and the way I look at it is if you don't like it grab a broom, mop, rag etc and get to cleaning! lol
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:12 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I try to keep mine so that anyone who calls to see if they can come over will arrive at a clean house and anyone who knows me well enough to just drop by knows there will be dishes in the sionk and the living room may need picking up.
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 4:18 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Yep, I do. My dh is deployed, I have nothing better to do with my time! LOL
    Plus, I once had someone stop by when my house was FILTHY and I will NEVER be that embarrassed again!
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 5:55 PM on Nov. 7, 2009