This is the time of year

when people who have insurance usually renew their policies(especially if you get i thru an employer) Obama and the Dems say costs are skyrocketing. We just renewed our BC/BS and with our medical our monthly payments stayed the same but our family deductable whent up $100 a yr. Our Vision switched and is now less expensive. Not bad I think.
How about you? Have your costs skyrocketed?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 3:14 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Obama and Dems use the same fear mongering techniques they accuse others of! LOL

No changes here...a little cheaper overall for next year.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:16 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• We have BCBS, no changes in ours.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 3:22 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• We have BCBS and it went up.
    Anonymous

• Our plan changed last January...to something better. Instead of always having a $20 copay to see the regular doc and $30 to see a specialist....it's now 15%. So most of the time we are paying some odd but small number...like $7.50 or something like that. We also found out for my husband's upcoming kidney transplant, the surgery is covered at 100% for both my husband and his donor. All we have to do is meet our $200 deductible...which is met. Oh wait..there's more, our vaccines and well-child visits, and any preventative care all covered 100%. So we are paying much less that last year. my husband's employer covers most of the monthly premium, and that didn't go up at all.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 3:36 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Ours went up, but I shopped around and found a policy with a lower deductible and better coverage for quite a bit less. I'm quite happy about that.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:55 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• We're on Costco employee insurance, and it's great.

The only price change I've noticed is pharmaceuticals are getting cheaper!
    Anonymous

• Our plan is going down 52 a month and our coverage is improved. We have United Health Care. Also they are expanding our vision coverage and there is no co pay for preventative care or well child visits. I would say our plan is better off. If this passes and our plan is taxed that would suck a lot but we know since we are upper middle class war is being waged on us and the wealthy. We expect it and have planned accordingly.
    Anonymous

• Copay went from 10 to 15 for office visits and 20 to 25 for specialists.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:31 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I have tricare and pay nothing. Except for my medication which is $3.00 a prescription off base. My ambien CR 12.5 mg is $22. A lot better than the $245 it would cost without insurance.
    Anonymous

• My hubby's prices went way up, and they are now charging smokers a penalty fee as well. Vision went down, but it was low to start with. Only hubby can get insurance. The kid's disabilities and my medical issues are pre-existing. Prices went up by 40 dollars for specialists, now have to pay 60 for co-pay doctor visit instead of 30 dollars, emergency is now 40% of whatever they want up front. Hospital and prescriptions stayed the same.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 8:13 PM on Nov. 7, 2009