How soon did your labor start after signs of losing your mucus plug?

I am almost 36 weeks and have had signs of small amounts of my mucus plug (sorry TMI). This is my first baby and I was just wondering when other first time moms went into labor after losing theirs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The only one I noticed losing was with my middle child and I lost it at week 34 and was induced in week 39. It isn't really an indication of when you will start labor.
    Good luck with your LO.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:42 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• 4 Weeks. I lost it at 36 and water broke at 40. Not a good indicator that you will go into labor unless there is blood show with it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:15 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I was pretty much exactly the same as nathskitten. Started losing mine at 35 wks and got induced at 39 wks.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 5:23 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• the only one i noticed loosing my mucus plug with was with my 3rd son. I went into labor about 3 days after that. I was 38 1/2 weeks. I was induced with my first son because i had preeclampsia.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 6:17 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I lost mine at 7am and he was born at 935pm
    Anonymous

• the mucus plug can regenerate with my dd i loested 6wks before. my son about 3 wks
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:15 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• 3-4 days but i was also 41 weeks pregnant. you could have your baby any time in the next 5 weeks. good luck =)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• With my first i didn't lose it before labor at all and with my second i was losing parts of it for weeks before labor.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 11:24 AM on Nov. 9, 2009