are theses real? TMI

I am a lil over 39 weeks, i think i lost my mucus plug a fewe days ago. It was snotty with blood in it. I had contractions after that then they went away. While sleeping i kept waking up every 20 minutes with contractions that hurt. well they went away. So me and dh decided to have sex to see if it would help. Well we had sex, i laid down for 30 minutes, then took a shower. So about 1hour later i have a very painful contraction, minutes later another and then another 10 minuets later. They hurt so bad i cant even breath. could they be real or just from sex.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• could be real but you wont know till they get in a pattern most docs don't want you going to the hospital till they are 5min apart and lasting 1 minute
    Rianad1

Answer by Rianad1 at 3:38 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I would start timing them and keep a record of when they come. I would also drink a large glass of water and try laying down for 45 minutes and then get up and do activity for 45 minutes. If they keep coming consistently no matter what you are doing then it is the real thing. If they stop when you lay down or when you are active it is just false labor.
    39 weeks...good luck it, you will be holding your LO very soon :D
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• it could really be the real thing
    VDietrich

Answer by VDietrich at 5:39 PM on Nov. 7, 2009