Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What gov't agency helps pay burial cost?

My husbands nephew was killed on Halloween night. The family was unable to pay the burial cost, so my husband borrowed the money from someone & we will be making payments on it. Someone said there is something called 'victim's assistance' in california that may help cover the cost. Does anyone know anything about this or anything that would help? I've tried to look online, but I'm lost. Thanks!!

Answer Question

Asked by rainandresmom at 3:53 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. Do you have the 2-1-1 information system out there? They might be able to help. And does the funeral home have NO info for you?
    You didn't say if someone was responsible for your nephew's death or if it was an accident. If he was a victim of someone else, there does seem to be a victim's rights agency in CA:
    California Victim Compensation and Government Claims Board
    Victim Compensation Program
    P.O. Box 3036
    Sacramento, CA 95812-3036

    I'm just not seeing any info about funeral/burial expense in there.

    Good luck.

    Answer by kjrn79 at 4:42 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

  • thank you SO much. i will try and call on monday, i appreciate it so much!

    Answer by rainandresmom at 6:30 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Money & Work
Work at home united question

Next question overall (Food & Drink)
tomato sauce