Do you really trust the Gov't to run our healthcare?

The U.S. Post Service was established in 1775 You have had 234 years to get it right and it is broke.
Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 74 years to get it right and it is broke.
Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 71 years to get it right an it is broke.
War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor" and they only want more.
Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. You have had 44 years to get it right and they are broke.
Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 39 years to get it right and it is broke.
The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 32 years to get it right and it is a failure

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 4:01 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• NO
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 4:21 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• No.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:56 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• No.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 5:09 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• no
    Anonymous

• Sounds to me that Capitalism is to blame
    Anonymous

• No but what are the odds they would actually run the healthcare if it went thru? They would outsource it to private ins companies to administer it. Just like they have been working on doing with Medicare/Medicaid. The govt would just collect the taxes and pay it to your ins company of choice. At least that is the idea I have gotten from all I have read. If I am missing something, please clue me in.

Not that I support the current legislation.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 5:12 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

Please elaborate. Example of how wrong you are:

USPS BROKE!
    Fed ex capitalist compitition is thriving and has for yrs.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:35 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Well, gee, I do. They are running my Health Care right now. LOL.Medicare and Tricare for Life. Excellent. I couldn't afford health care until I retired and became 65.
    Do you think they can't run it? Is it detrimental to you and yours? Would you have them take away my health care? Hmmm?
    Anonymous

• Hey---how can you say that Social Security is broke? (It would be "BROKEN", that is correct grammar) I'm still collecting it.
    The Post Office is broken? Huh? I'm still getting my mail.
    Medicare is broke....uh, broken? No. I disagree.
    This is a goofy post,Carpy.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 5:43 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Lindalu go educate yourself a bit.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:47 PM on Nov. 7, 2009