cloth diaper ouchie?

Since my dd started crawling she keeps getting a raw spot in the crease of one of her thighs. So I put her in sposies for a few days so I could put aquafor on it. At first I thought it might be that the bummis cover was too big or maybe the hemp prefold was too rough, so I put her in the bumgenius instead and even that made it raw again. What is going on? Am I gonna have to switch to sposies? :(

DanosGirl

Asked by DanosGirl at 4:21 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do you have any fitteds, or any fleece covers? I would try switching to that... at least fleece (or wool) covers (longies, skirties, etc...) with the hemp prefolds underneath.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 4:35 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• when you change her, make sure that the diaper is nice and taught against that leg. It's rubbing when she crawls. In a few days, it will be fine, its just developing a tough outer layer (like a callous). My daughter's legs did the same thing.. it lasted like a week, I just kept putting lotion on it and eventually it went away. It didn't seem to bother her.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 9:34 PM on Nov. 7, 2009