Teen moms - or anyone whose first baby was born before you were 20; did you breastfeed for more than 6 months, yes or no?

No need for an explanation, no need to feel bad either way - just yes or no, and how old you were.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• Well, my baby was born AT 20, I got pregnant at 19 (which still makes me, statistically a teen mother). I am still breastfeeding my daughter at 17 1/2 months.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:29 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• i was 18 and yes, I breastfed for 1 year and she self weaned
    Anonymous

• Yes.
    Pregnant at 17, gave birth at 18, and 20 now and still breastfeeding my 2 year old.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 4:31 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• no, i try but i had alot of problems, i did pump for 3 mts. i had my second at 21 and i been pumping for 8 mts niow. am horrible at the trying to get baby to latch on lol
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:37 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I tried but only got to for 2 weeks. Even went to a specialist. They said I just wasn't storing the milk properly. It was drying up way too fast and when my DD tried to feed she was just getting frustrated cause there wasn't enough there. I found out I was pregnant the day before my 18th bday.
    Anonymous

• i was 20, and 19 when concieved. Yes and only for about 3 months
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 4:39 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I gave birth at 18 and breastfed for 2 months. I had problems with supply. Then my second was born when i was 20 and we had latching problems. I tried pumping but by that time i was starting to dry up. Hopefully i can change the past with my third one.
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 4:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• my first I had at 18 I only nursed for a few months my 2nd I had at 19 nursed for 1 year all my others nursed for at least 2 years the longest so far has been 3-1/2 years
    Anonymous

• 19 when my son was concieved and 20 when I had him....I breastfed for 7 months...I couldnt get him to latch on so I PUMPED exclusively for 7 months straight without supplementing formula.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 6:28 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• had my daughter at 18...7 months later still breastfeeding
    Bernie19

Answer by Bernie19 at 6:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2009