Braces?

My daughter needs braces. I can't afford them and our insurance sucks. Does anyone know of any CHEAP supplemental plans out there?

emhain

Asked by emhain at 4:41 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I don't, but my mom had pretty crappy insurance, and was broke, and managed to get two of her three into braces. Talk to the orthodontist's office and see what kind of payment plans they take.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:32 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Well if you get one of those cheap plans you may run the risk of your local orthodontists not accepting it, or them not being 'preferred providers' and have to go to someone farther away or someone who may not be as good. As someone who worked in a dental office, and who has had braces put on Two times I suggest you ask the orthodontist about a payment plan. Since it is an ongoing procedure and can be costly most offices do offer some type of payment plan.

Anonymous