Should a Christian charity take food donations from a non profit medical marijuana co-op?

Obviously not pot laced food. LOL

But seriously, if a dispensary took the time to collect canned and other non perishables to donate to the hungry what would you think if a local charity declined the food because the director felt that he didn't approve of medical marijuana and that after praying on it for 30 min. God impressed upon him to politely decline the donation?

This way he is not supporting something he, the director, feels is a

PROGENITOR

Asked by PROGENITOR at 4:56 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would think that it wasnt very christain of him to tur ndown the food that could feed innocent people. He is essentually starving someone out there because of his own political beleifs.
    Anonymous

• Seeing as how over half the Christians I know smoke pot and say Jesus smoked pot I am not sure where the conflict of interest would be.
    Anonymous

• what I would do put aside, I have to admire him for putting his morals and values first. We don't see that too much now days. I do not see anything that says people were starving or that God did not provide in another way.

I will never bash a person for standing on their values.
    Anonymous

• i think it would be wrong to turn it down.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 5:09 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I dont think this has to do with morals. IMO If this food is being donated then he should app that and take it. Ever heard of forgiving? I mean come on. If these ppl putting diff aside and making a donation then he should respect that and put their diff aside. He is being selfish for keeping this food from those who need it
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:13 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• sorry my response sounded so illiterate! lol im not doing much proofreading lol I wanted to add that no matter the religion, we should all be able to work together when it comes to a good cause. Or anything positive for that matter. He should know that as a priest/pastor
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:15 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Should a Christian Charity accept the food, it is up to the charities convictions. Obviously this guy disagrees with any use of marijuana, medical or not, but also recognized the need for the food and thus took the time to deliberate before giving his answer. That is to be respected. Did the pros outweigh the cons, well that's a matter of personal interpretations. Obviously in this case the director did not feel that the pros of the food donations outweighed the cons of it's source and thus he refused. I'm sure the co-op can find another charity to donate the food to in order to help the hungry and the charity who denied will have to find others to donate. If they do not get enough donations they may change their stance in the future
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:17 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Where does it say in the bible that medical marijuana is immoral?? Does their donation help feed the needy?? Is their donation hurting anyone - no. It's helping the people that need it most!! So why turn it down??

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 5:23 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I think is he feels that medical or any other type of marijuana is immoral then he is morally obligated to politely decline the food offer. To accept it gives them a credability and acceptance that he is not willing to give. He should politely decline the offer and suggest a secular charity.

Lets take it out of the medical marijuana debate because that is just going to cloud the issue. Would those of you who say it is not very Christian of him to turn it down say the same thing if it were say an "adult" book store?
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:46 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I agree with the first anon. Sorry food is food and when people could starve without it.... I can't imagine going to a food pantry and them not having food because of where it came from and trying to explain that to a small child who's hungry.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 8:01 PM on Nov. 7, 2009