did you know your SO was going to propose to you, or was it a compleate superise?

did you like it that you knew or that it was a superise? How long were you engadged, married?

newmom092009

Asked by newmom092009 at 4:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• I found the ring in his truck, so I knew it was coming (don't tell him that!). I did give him a heads up that he should never ask me in a situation that I would find truly embarassing (for example: in the middle of the play, in front of the entire audience including both sets of parents). So I didn't know when, but I knew it was going to happen, especially since we had talked about it a few times. We were engaged for 9 months and we've been married for 9 years.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 5:14 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Never saw it coming, we had only been together for a month. I don't even think he planned it. Something came across the t.v. about engagements or weddings something like that, he got up off of the couch got on his knee and proposed. I surprisingly accepted. We got married 10 months later. I liked not knowing, so my reaction was real. In six months we will have been married for 10 years!!!
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 5:30 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• He tried to lie and say he was going bowling with his brother. I knew he was going ring shopping. He made up this elaborate story full of holes that basically threw 2 of his brothers under the bus with this nonsense about how I wasn't allowed to go to boys night.

He came home from "bowling" 45 minutes later and told more lies about his brothers ruining everything. Then he dropped the business card from the ring shop with the carat weight and the appraisal value written on the back. His suspicious activity was confirmed!

Then he made up another elaborate lie with holes about how the ring was being sent for mounting in NYC and wouldn't be available for a while so I needed to stop worrying about it. We went to lunch with his parents and mine. When I got back from the bathroom, he was down on one knee.

He's so brave, My dad is a really big guy!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:39 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• It was a surprise on x-mas eve, we married 8 months later.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 6:04 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I knew he was going to propose sometime, but it was a complete surprise when he did...we had talked about marriage, but I had no idea when he was going to do it. We were engaged for 7 months before we got married :)
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 6:21 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• i had no idea, he just put the ring on by surpise and asked me. we had never even talked about it before. we got engaged on oct 2 and got married feb 17.
    Wytegirl

Answer by Wytegirl at 7:04 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I knew. I saw him at Kays while I was at the mall with my sister. He poped the question that night (Valentines Day). We got married 7 months later. Been married three years.
    Anonymous

• I knew because we had been talking about it. Then, when he went to talk to my dad, I knew it would be soon. We were engaged for 12 months. We've been married for 11 years.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2009