Oklahoma moms...inducing question

have any of you OKLAHOMA moms asked that your doctor induce you when it wasnt medically nec.? did they do it? and (if you dont mind sharing) what was your reason for asking to be induced?

im looking for an obgyn that will induce when once i hit 37 weeks. i have my reasons why, but wont get into them here. so if you dont mind sharing who your dr is/was...please do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• If you have a GENUINE reason to induce that early them you wouldnt need to be looking for a shady doctor to do it.

If yours reasons were important enough then a good doctor would induce you early.
    Sounds like your reasons are nothing to do with the babys welfare.
    Anonymous

• I'm in N.E Oklahoma and both my previous pregnancies were induced. The first was because i was dilated to 4 cm and he asked me if i wanted to have my baby that day and i said yes . My second went about the same way. I did ask my second child's doc if i could be induced if i wasn't in labor b4 his vaca. He said he would see how things went. This probably wasnt much help to you lol Good luck though.

momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 5:09 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• im not looking for a SHADY doctor! i just dont know of a doctor that will do them unless it is a last resort.
    Anonymous

• Any good doctor won't do them unless it's a last resort. Especially that early.
    Anonymous

• Due dates are just an estimate your date could be off by as much as two weeks, you could be inducing a 35 week old preemie for no reason! No doctor worth a damn will induce a woman for no reason.
    Anonymous

• I was induced at 36 weeks with my first child because I am a type one diabetic and was having some medical issues due to my blood sugars that was effecting my baby. Soooo... Only because of the medical problems I was having that was effecting my baby did my Doctor go ahead and induce me. She had strongly preferred not to and had wanted me to go into natural labor if it was at all possible. As said by others unless it is medicaly neccesary and last resort I wouldnt request to be induced and a legit doctor wont induce you unless it is neccesary.
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 2:45 PM on Nov. 8, 2009