Why does any one religion think they can bully others into thinking thier way??

There is nowhere in the bible that says it's anyone's job to tell people who practice different religions that they are going to hell, raising evil children, or doing satan's work, but that doesn't seem to stop anyone. Why is this??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I agree, and it's funny that pretty much all the non-religious people I've met have the most tolerance. They never go around making fun of or criticizing all religious people, telling them they are crazy for believing in what they believe in. It's funny too, that they also are friends w/ many religious people. I, myself am not religious and yet I think all religions out there are beautiful in there own way, and that we all have the right to believe what we want. No one can say what they believe in is "the truth", technically. Because no one really knows the truth. If there was one "truth" we'd all know it and there'd only be one religion.
    workathome01

Answer by workathome01 at 10:05 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• History has a way of repeating itself.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:22 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• here we go again....
    Anonymous

• I agree with 2austisticsmom
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 5:24 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I'm guessing it's something of a misinterpretation of what the holy books speak of in terms of those who believe differently and what it says about going out and spreading "the word", with a whole lot of forgetting of what it says about judging others.
    So chalk it up to personal interpretations
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:31 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Some people are way to full of them selfs and lack the ability to percieve what things mean.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:48 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Because we are human.

And humans have the human failings of wanting to be right, or to "know" something someone else doesn't (superiority). There are some who may be genuinely deluded into thinking they are "helping" but there are very few of those.

Which is why being humble is such an amazing quality, it is very hard to come by genuine humility.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 8:05 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Who are the bullys in your opinion? I need more info to be able to answer you.
    ifollowjesus

Answer by ifollowjesus at 9:42 PM on Nov. 7, 2009