what is a good age difference between siblings?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My kids are 18months apart. It was really difficult for me and my DH while their were little but now that they are a little more indepent i love them this close in age! they are best friends!
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 5:26 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• typically i would think about 2 to 3 yrs difference. prob not much more then that if you want them to be close.
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 5:38 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I think the 2 years is good. I had my daughter and son the 2 little ones 2 years apart. I think that's good. i also did the 16 months apart i think it was to hard and not fair to my 16 month old she was forced to b a big girl. I also did 4 years apart and that was to far apart. I would def since i did all of them, go with 2 years apart. or over 2 years. Bella was 2.5 when i had Julian and i have a blast staying home with them.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 5:39 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Mine are 19 months apart and I'm pregnant with #3 -- my second child will be 23 months when the new baby is born. Having two just 19 months apart was SO HARD for the first year. But my boys are so close - kind of like built in best friends - that I wouldn't have done it any other way.
    Brandi1010

Answer by Brandi1010 at 5:41 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Three years would be good in my opinion but my age gap is bigger.... oldest is 17 then 10 then 5 then a 10 month old....
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 6:31 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• As long as the first one is potty trained, I'd say that's enough. LOL. My older boys are right at 3 years apart. Our oldest son was right at the end of potty training when I had our middle child. It was hard to get used to, but our oldest helped me out though, because he was a good brother. Always wanted to get the diapers for me, and throw away the old ones. LOL. He moved pretty quickly from pull ups to underwear. Now the age gaps are pretty significant. 3 years between oldest and middle, and 7 years between middle and youngest. How crazy that when 4 1/2 month old will be 8, my oldest son will be 18!!!!
    Katlyne120806

Answer by Katlyne120806 at 6:34 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• For me, no more then 2 years apart is an ideal age. My older two are 22 months apart, the middle two are 18 months apart, and the younger two are 24 months apart.
    _Momof3_

Answer by _Momof3_ at 6:50 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Mine are 3 years apart. But it is whenever it happens. My older son was fully potty trained by the time his brother was born. I like 2 to 4 years apart.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 6:52 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Mine are 5 years apart and it's working great. By the time #2 was born, #1 was going into kindergarten and had 5 long years to bond with mommy and daddy. Then, since #1 was in school, it was easier to deal with all the things that go along with a baby for #2. Now, they're both in school. Yippee!!!!!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:56 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• i saw, once you give birth, get ready for another baby.
    Christiqual

Answer by Christiqual at 7:01 PM on Nov. 7, 2009