Where did you meet your DH & how did he propose to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• 21 years ago in a club in Tacoma, Wa. He told me he didn't want to go to Germany with out me. I said "then you have to marry me". He said Ok. Then we got married and went to Germany.

Answer by louise2 at 6:43 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• My husband had a personal ad in our newspaper back in 1992. I wrote him a letter, he called, we met at a diner, talked for a long time, went out a few times and the rest is history. We looked at engagement rings after 6 mos. and was engaged 2 months later on Dec. 31, 1992. He had me sit on his bed and he asked me How would I like to be his wife. I saw the ring, said yes and we got married a year later on Mar. 19, 1994.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• We met in Spanish class in college in 1997. He proposed on the beach 6 months later. The funny part is I don't even like the beach, but we went there a lot because we were broke college kids, and it was free if we could find parking.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:49 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Those things did not happen all in the same day. It was over a 4 month period of time. Meeting and getting married part.

Answer by louise2 at 6:49 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Met in the end of June 2002 when I went to work for the company he worked for. I was his supervisor, more or less, and so we became buddies that way.
    In October is when we started dating and it developed from there.

In early June 2003 we were moving from MD to AZ and we stopped to fill up and get some food. At the restaurant he said something to the effect of..."when we get settled in you can set the wedding date." and that was that. No real proposal LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• We met at one of my high school basketball games in 2005. I was a senior cheerleader and his niece was a freshman cheerleader. I had been sick that year and all of the cheerleaders got me a card and he signed it too. We never talked after that (he is 12 years older than me and had a girlfriend at the time). Then March of 2008 while I was working at the tanning salon he tanned at, we started talking. We fell in love, found out in February we were having a baby, he proposed to me on the 4th of July this year (because it's my favorite holiday) and had all my friends and family there. It was perfect. Definitely makes me believe in "What's meant to be will always find a way".
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 7:29 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• We met in September 1988, in a small community college program (the major was small, not the college) we were both a bit older than the typical college age and there was an almost instant friendship. The program itself was involved in many activities and we all became pretty close knit. It's hard to say exactly when we fell in love because we sort of grew from friends to dating to marriage.
    He proposed to me at our favorite pic-nic spot. Pic-nics were our favorite activity outside of school. We had a fairly long engagement 1 1/2 years and were married on July 6th 1991.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:56 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I met my husband while I was in England on vacation.  He proposed 8 months after I moved to the UK.  That was 23 years ago.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• In 1976 at a football game. A mutual friend was being deployed and we both stopped to say bye. The mutual friend introduced us. We started dating a month later. He proposed 2 years later on my parent's front porch. We were sitting out on the swing and talking. We got married one year after that. We've been married for 30 years and have 3 sons and 1 granddaughter.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:03 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• We met at his birthday party in college. He was a friend of my friend and we did have a class together. He tells me that he did say hi to me once and I just stared at him. I don't remember this, but I do know that its possible. I never could figure out why any male person would be interested in me! We were engaged 5 months later at a funny little convient store on the South Side of Pittsburgh that had tables and chairs on the street. He just handed me his grandmother's wedding band (he was supposed to give it to the woman he wanted to marry, he'd told me that in April) and asked me if I wanted to wear it and when I said yes, he asked me if I knew what that meant and I said yes. LOL I later realized that he didn't think I would say yes, otherwise he would have planned it better! He said, he assumed I would want to think about it.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 8:55 PM on Nov. 7, 2009