What should i do? Please no bashing

One of my friends has been dating a guy named Alex for 7 months. I work with Alex were both teachers. I am a single mom btw. Well lately Alex has been flirting with me and ive got to admit, i have been too, and i kind of like it. He went out of his way and waited for me the other day before he left work and said look i waiting for you, dont you feel special. I know this is sounds wrong but i think i might have a little something for him. What should i do? Should i tell him about this or just ignore the situation? Please no bashing i really dont need it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• maybe confront him about it. because maybe he doesnt feel like he's flirting, maybe he thinks he's just being nice because he's dating your friend? if he is flirting with you and you like him (of course i'd be leary because what kind of person is he if he's dating someone else and flirting with you...sounds like potential cheater) you want to go about this the right way so as not to hurt your friend.

of course, i have no idea HOW you would bring this up...
    acounard

Answer by acounard at 6:56 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Rule: You do not date your friends Boyfriend.
    Just tell him, " you are dating my girl friend, you should stop flirting with me".

Answer by louise2 at 6:56 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• No..the first person you need to tell is your friend but unless you can see yourself marrying or spending the rest of your life with Alex then don't throw away your friendship; It's def not worth it. If you can see a serious relationship with this guy then tell your friend you have feelings for him. Honestly I don't see how you could have a trusting relationship with him because he's with your friend and flirting with you; I'm sure you are not the only other woman he is showing interest in. Hope it works out. In my opinion, I'd leave the idea of being with him alone. There are plenty of men out there.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 6:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Oh and if you decide not to go for him you still need to tell your friend that she needs to watch out for him cheating because he is very friendly with females.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 6:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Quick, get distracted with another guy!
    AddyLeigh

Answer by AddyLeigh at 7:05 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• i think you are being a very bad friend and he is being a very bad boyfriend. You all need to be honest and make a choice.
    Anonymous

• i'd stop being so friendly back to him. you're asking for trouble. one time, i had a friend whose boyfriend flirted and complimented me a lot. when i told my friend, she talked to him and he spinned the whole thing around to me, saying i was the one flirting with him and i was always into him from the beginning.
    leave this guy alone: HE'S TAKEN. BY YOUR FRIEND.
    Anonymous

• Leave it alone. He is not yours! It's wrong for you to flirt with him like that, as it's wrong for him to flirt with you! Don't ruin a friendship over some guy!
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 7:15 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I have just just this to say about this issue of yours: Friends are forever and guys are just like a new pair of shoes you have to have a new pair ever few months. do you understand what i m telling you?! Smarten up he is just another pair of shoes and your friend would never think of doing this to you. Honey you are no longer in high school. Sorry if i was a little hash but, you need someone to open up your eyes hope it helps you open up..
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 7:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• ive been in this situation only i was 15 ,,and my friend was 16 the guy was older than us their whole relationship she was cheating on him and all this bs and he would like come to me for sympathy...after ruining my friendship being played buy some loser,and losing a really good boyfriend i realized all the while his plan was to play both of us at the same time,,and he got what he wanted and i ended up with nothing,NOTHING!
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 7:28 PM on Nov. 7, 2009