when did you discuss money?

At what point did you and your hubby discuss money - tell each other how much you made, how much your school loans were, how much other debt you had, etc.

While dating?
Once you were dating seriously?
Once you became engaged?
Ooops... forgot to do that until after we were married?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• I think all that came out little by little. We made most of our debt married though!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:11 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Dating seriously. We made close to the same amount and were deciding who picked up which bills.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:23 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Everything is split in half from the day we move into together. My parents have do it for 39 years and it has worked or them perfectly.

Anonymous

• Once we were seriously dating.
    Anonymous

• Figures $$ after we were married.  Both of us were very responsible with finances.

Anonymous

• We got married eleven months after we met; we started talking about finances when we were deciding where to live (he was in New Jersey and I was in Chicago).

Answer by rkoloms at 6:41 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I think it was after we got married- but then again we new how much per hour we made so I think it was only a matter of sitting down and figuring how much that was a year.

I also think that he new about my $2000 in credit card debt. At the time we didn't have any other debt except that.
    Anonymous