Whens the right time.....

I'd eventually like to move to the country my father was from(Denmark) when my kids are grown. My question is, has anyone done this themselves, or known a parent who did this? My main concerns would be not being close to my childrens families(grandkids).

Danishlady

Asked by Danishlady at 7:11 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Travel

Level 1 (-340 Credits)
  • I hear that Denmark is a GREAT place to raise kids.... why do you want to wait??
    Anonymous

• No way would I leave my grandkids.
    Anonymous

• I have to wait, their dad and I are divorced and I could never legally take them out of the country to finish raising them as they see their dad often. Sounds positive for grandkids though, so maybe I could convince my kids and their future spouses to come on over! ;-)
    Danishlady

Answer by Danishlady at 7:16 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• My mom doesn't like being away from her grandkids (my hubby is military) but the only reason she hasn't seen them more is because she refuses to fly. So if your family would be willing to fly over to visit you often, then there is NO reason not to. I would love to go live in Spain permanently when my hubby retires, but only then because my kids would be old enough to fly back and forth on their own to visit family if we were not always available to go. We are in the states now, and hope to not go back overseas til hubby retires though because my kids don't really know their extended families other than infrequent, short visits and we are hoping to get closer to home to let them visit their grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc while they are still young. But once they turn 18/19 I would have no issue living overseas again, because like i said they could make the decision to fly to Texas whenever they wanted to.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:33 PM on Nov. 8, 2009