Guide for Pandemic Flu Preparation?

Here you go Ladies!

http://www.fluwiki.info/uploads/Main/FluManual_revised.pdf

SterlingLegend

Asked by SterlingLegend at 7:11 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

• Got our shots..we're good to go:) LOL
    YuppyMom

Answer by YuppyMom at 7:48 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• YOu may have your shots...but you can, still, get the flu. Perhaps not as bad...but you can still get it.
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 7:54 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Oh groan... this is just like during the 50's and 60's when people were building bomb shelters or in 1999 when people thought that we'd lose our heat, water, electricity, everything when we hit the new year. The flu kills people EVERY year. This is NOTHING NEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE stop scaring people, ok?!
    Anonymous

• I'm not here to scare ya...I'm of the mindset that, it's better to be prepared. No, I won't get the shot...neither will my husband, unless ordered to, and our son won't either. We're all pretty doggone healthy. However...if we NEED to know anything that no one has told us yet, or if we should be getting anything that we don't already have...why not be prepared?
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 8:07 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I asked my ped if he got the shot and would he give it to his kids, he said no. Sums it up right there

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:23 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Funny how dumb some docs are. 8 years of school..and they don't get it.
    YuppyMom

Answer by YuppyMom at 8:31 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Funny how rude some "yuppy mom's" can be. Regardless...he's had roughly ELEVEN years of education to get to the point where he would choose NOT to get the H1N1 shot for himself or his family. Personal choices are just that. No reason to be snarky or back handed about it.
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 8:42 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Okay, I won't be snarky. I WILL say this.

Doctors, while they are well versed in many medical aspects, are often not as well versed in vaccinations, their science and manufacturing and pharmceutical technology.

I do realize there are some docs and nurses out there opting NOT to get the shot and I do believe in personal choice. I would love, however, to hear their REASONS behind their choices to see how valid they are.

What speaks volumes to me, is when the scientists, researchers and manufacturers who actually have researched, made and manufactured this vaccine and have an intimate understanding of it get the vaccine themselves and line their family members/children up to get their shots.
    YuppyMom

Answer by YuppyMom at 8:49 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Doctors, while they are well versed in many medical aspects, are often not as well versed in vaccinations, their science and manufacturing and pharmceutical technology.

But you are an expert, right?  Sorry, I will take advice from someone who has plenty of actual experience giving vaccines, not from some unknown person on the internet.

God knows the manufacturers are not the most reliable source for information on products. Look at all the recalls.  Wanna buy some lead paint?

Anonymous