How can I figure out what I want to be when I grow up?

OKay, so I know...it sounds lame! But I have no college education, have worked at a school, been a receptionist at an eye dr's, been a tax preparer and a stay at home mom for the past, almost 3 years. I am in desperate need of getting out of the house and making some extra money! But I have NO idea what I want to be when I grow up. Husband has offered that maybe I should take some courses but I don't know what I want to be when I grow up. My youngest will be 3 in Feb. So I only have abour 2.5 years before he will be in school full time so then what!?
How do I figure out what I want to do with my life? I need something that I would love and enjoy to do!

kccsmom

Asked by kccsmom at 7:33 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• think about your interests, think about what you enjoyed about the jobs that you have had.
    What do you like to daydream about, what do you like to read?
    Then, do you want to make a lot of money or do something more altruistic? I know we need nurses. One of these days I'm gonna retire and who is going to take care of ME???? LMAO!!!!

kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Volunteer. Try some different things out, see what appeals to you.
    Anonymous

• Me to I want to know what to be. So I have decided to do some life coaching, when I know myself a little better I will be able to know just what I'm really interested in.

In the process I will be getting myself out of debt

I've done all kinds of stuff with the state to get me good jobs and to get into something I love, but what is lacking is my own desire, and really only i can get that through some life training.

The company Im going through is amazing, and I'll even get to make some extra cash while I'm "growing up".
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:00 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I don't know what I want ot be when I grow up and I am 44. If you go to your local tech college, you can take a career aptitude test which will show you where your interests lie. From there, maybe you can narrow down an area that may interest you. But like I told my children when they were picking their college majors, Pick a career that you will love going to everyday and it will never seem like work if you pick a career just for the money you will work everyday.
    Anonymous

• LOL! That's a question I ask myself everyday and I am in my forties! Just remember, it's your right to always be looking for that perfect job even up to the day you turn 90! You can be what you want to be whenever you want to be it. Never settle for less!!!
    Anonymous

• Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

Go to your local library and pick up a copy of What Color is My Parachute. It will help you determine a career path

Answer by rkoloms at 6:36 AM on Nov. 8, 2009