I want him to feel like he did it himself...suggestions?

okay so me and my fiance have been together for 3 years now
we have lived together for about 1.5 years
well the economy hit me and my fiance pretty hard, i lost my job, and he got his hours cut wayyy back...so he only brought home half of what he used to bring in
so he got into a lot of debt and the debt he was already in just increased

I go back to work as of January. I should bring in about 25k in 6 months time. (seasonal job)
his money alone covers all of the bills but it onnly pays minimums on credit cards, loans, etc. So we're stuck in a rut so to speak

his fed. return projected to wipe out about 4k in debt which leaves about 10k

I want him to feel like he isnt just doing minimums all the time cus it makes him feel like he lost
so shud I just pay necessities like rent, car pymnt, etc. ? or just put my whole check toward the loans and left over credit lines.? WWYD?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• aww. you sound like you're gonna be an awesome wife! what does his bills cover? maybe whatever thats not covered, you can put your money towards that. and save the rest for another rainy situation.. or even help him pay double the fee (like my credit card bill is $10/month, i pay $20) to get it paid off sooner.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 10:32 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I would say focus on necessities right now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Nov. 8, 2009