I just noticed the gas medicine i been giving my 3 week old has been expired since june... im scared out my mind right now.. what do i do????

mylecon I think its called...

DesignDiva21

Asked by DesignDiva21 at 7:54 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think your baby will be fine, but I am not an expert of any kind..If you notice a change in baby in any way then go to hosp or call doc. Usually expired medicines just lose their effectiveness so I wouldn't worry too much just keep an eye out.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 7:57 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Put it in the garbage and buy a new kind tomarrow. You have nothing to worry about. Next time just look at the bottle date. If your THAT worried i suggest you call poison control. The fact that you can usually give gas medicine as often as needed makes me feel that its not gonna hurt your baby. Just buy a new bottle tomarrow.
    MommyTurtle1985

Answer by MommyTurtle1985 at 7:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• They usually just lose their effectiveness, not like food that would spoil. Call a pharmacist and ask, they will know, and actually pharmacists usually know more about medicines than doctors. I am lucky because my Dr, was a pharmacist before become a Dr.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 7:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• What did the doctor say?
    Anonymous

• Mylicon is simply silicon. It won't hurt the baby to have it when its expired.. but to be safe I'd just throw it away and get some new stuff in the morning
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 9:32 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Don't panic unless baby is sick. Then just throw it out and buy a new one.
    rjpetty605

Answer by rjpetty605 at 10:39 PM on Nov. 7, 2009