Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will I recieve a tax refund if I was on cash aid (in CA) for part of the year?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (5)
  • Only if you paid more taxes than you owed. If you haven't paid any taxes this year, you may OWE the state money.

    Answer by gdiamante at 8:17 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

  • I hope not. That's just plain greedy.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

  • More then likely this person will recieve EIC due to their income.

    Answer by ronjwake at 1:08 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

  • Call the IRS 1-800-829-1040 - Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

    Answer by rkoloms at 6:34 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

  • If you got more from the state than you paid in can you really call it a refund more like cash assistance.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN