what can i do about hurting hips?

i am 9 months and 1 week pregnant right now and when i sleep at night, my hips start to hurt right in the joints. when i get up to go to the bthroom in the middle of the night it hurts horrably bad and then i cant lay on that side for a while. then durring the day i ill lay on my side and put a heating pad unde my hips anda the pain will go away for a little while but then it comes back again at night. and with my son engaging my pelvis and really droping it hurts even worse.

pergowithfirst

Asked by pergowithfirst at 8:26 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Try sleeping with a pillow proping your leg up so that the hip joings aren't strained. Make the leg level with the joint, or even a little higher. I'm sure you'll find relief that way.

Also, you can have someone massage the muscles around your hips or do the double hip squeeze for you.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:30 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I hear you loud and clear. I'm 33 weeks pregnant with my 3rd and this darn hip pain is what I hate most about being pregnant. I can't find a way to stand, sit, or lay that doesn't kill my hips. Getting up from a seated position or off of the floor sometimes makes me cry out in pain. The absolute only relief is delivery. I wish I had better news for you. Immediately after delivery the hip pain will be gone, but I completely understand how you feel. Oh, BTW, Tylenol does help take a bit of the edge off of the pain.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:00 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Were you experiencing the pain when you are pregnant? if so, it is because of the weight of your baby inside your womb. Its normal but it is best that you consult your doctor just to make sure that you will not experience any injury while pregnant. DePuy Pinnacle Recall

pinnaclelawsuit

Answer by pinnaclelawsuit at 10:51 AM on Mar. 16, 2012