How can I get over being jealous of my husband and his friends?

I live close to my dh family and friends and I don't have many myself, much less here. I get so lonely at times and wonder what is wrong with me and how can I fix it.

Asked by lostdarkangel13 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• You should talk to your husband about it. My husband has a huge family and whenever they have get togethers he always takes off and leaves me alone... sometimes I feel like I'm playing tag-a-long with his sister, or just sitting and watching tv by myself... it's not a great feeling. I tell him that it's ok to spend some time with his family, but he really needs to check on me and spend time with me too. It's not fair to be selfish and take off because at the end of the day, at a family event, I miss him and feel like I hadn't talked to him all day. I don't have a lot of family and friends around either, but there really is no quick fix. You just have to work on keeping yourself busy so you don't feel the lonliness so much.

Answer by msp12r at 5:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Have you tried to make friennds w/ his friends wives or sisterscousins,ect.? If that is not an option for you try finding a play group, momyies day out group, or even a mother hood support group in your area.If none of this rings your bell, you might find out if your community offers any " community classes" at a local school that pique your intrest. you'll be able to make friends all your own with whom you already have common intrests.

Answer by inmyownworld at 5:27 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• People have to learn how to be by themselves sometimes. YOu don't have to tag-a-long if youdon't want to. My favorite thing to do is play bingo. There are all kinds of people there everyday. Even if I don't speak to anyone, I still enjoy the company of others. Find a hobby, a past time. Go to wal-mart for no reason, push an empty cart and randomly speak to people. Go to a church function that doesn't even catch your attention and see what everyone else is talking about. Go to the laundry mat and sit, theres always something to do. But do not mope and blame your husband because he knows how to occupy his time. B-I-N-G-o is still the best answer.

Answer by Queentdi at 7:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• It is not easy making new friend in a new place. You could join some clubs ..look up organizations in the phone book and see what your town has to offer. Maybe some volunteer work too. Cafe Mom is a great place to meet people...if you look at the top of the page where it says "more search options" click will take you to a place to put in your zip code and it will give you ladies who live near you. Just stop by their page and say Hi! take care and good luck

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• dont feel bad I get that way too. It's just that they don't want you to have friends or you give u your friends for them but yet they still have their friends so now what. Well go find some friends and forget him and his

Answer by sniyah at 8:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2008