In pre-k and can already turn on and off the laptop?

My sister son is only 4 years and his teacher was amazed he could turn on and off the computer. He knows how to use my laptop also. He can turn it on and go to the games. He also knows how to play the music and put in a movie. He may not know how to talk very well, but he can use a computer. Is there other kids the same age that can use computer or even phones? He was the only one in his class that knew how. Maybe we should start teaching our children how to use electronics early?

i_am_ur_kittie

Asked by i_am_ur_kittie at 8:51 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would be a bit alarmed that this shocked a preschool teacher. She should know that this is absolutely normal for 3 and 4 year olds--development should be part of her background. That said, doesn't the preschool room have a computer center as well?
    YuppyMom

Answer by YuppyMom at 8:52 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• my son's pre k has a computer center..he knows how to use my laptop he plays games on it all the time..he also knows how to use the satelite remote...which stuns me because half the time i dont get it
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:55 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• My son knows how to use the remote, put a movie in, and play on my laptop (he doesn't know how to turn it on and needs help since he can't read)
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 8:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• my 4 year olds can turn the computer on but cant get any where since it is password protected. however they do know how to get to youtube off my phone and find strawberry shortcake and spiderman viedos. They can easily work an iPod and my blackberry . we live in a technology based age and kids NEED to be able to use the technology
    mtnaspen

Answer by mtnaspen at 9:04 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• My DD just turned 3. She's been using my iPhone since she was 2 and a half. She know how to look up the weather, watch YouTube videos (Mickey Mouse and Wiggles are her favorite), listen to music, play games and movies that I down loaded and even call my dad. Today's youth grow up with technology all around them. This kind of stuff is second nature to them.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:50 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Wow my DD is not even allowed to use these things, she can put a DVD in but since she only gets to watch them like maybe once a week she doesn't know how to use it.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 10:18 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• wow. i'm shocked that the teacher is shocked about that. my son can turn on a laptop and desktop. go to youtube, find his games/videos (halo is his favorite to watch). he can go in teh internet, go to the games. he knows how to work the xbox, xbox 360, ps2- and the controllers. he has very good hand/eye coordination. he can pour his own drinks, make his own cereal, make his own sandwiches. i never thought that he was "smart" although i know the drinks/food thing- some kids dont do. my son just turned 4 and has been doing the technology stuff since he was about 3. 3.5 is when he learned how to pour his own drinks and from then, it just got better.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 10:26 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• yeah my 4 year old does all that as well, is really good at using the computer even skypes his dad in iraq on his own lol. my two and a half year old can turn it on and off and can fully opperate the leapster handheld game we have. he can also do our dvd player (open put it in close etc)
    82ndairbornewif

Answer by 82ndairbornewif at 10:51 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• My son will be 4 on Christmas Day and he loves to use the computer, we have a PC. He can go to youtube and look up videos about remote control cars and monster trucks, etc... He loves all the games on facebook and knows how to go to them and play them, Yoville is his favorite right now, lol. He also knows how to operate and play our xbox, he can drive the heck out of those race cars! I am wanting to know more about the leapster games, can anyone let me know?? Looking for something great, educational and fun for him for Christmas, thanks!
    zacandrobinsmom

Answer by zacandrobinsmom at 9:33 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• The preschool teacher was shocked? Wow, my dd was using our computer since she was a little less than 3. It's surprising to me that he's the only one in his class that can. hmmm
    kristinas8

Answer by kristinas8 at 10:05 AM on Nov. 8, 2009