What do you think about Dyeing hair?

I heard it was OK, but how many of you actually think its Ok??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think it's okay. I have done it before and have been fine. I think it might be bad if you were in a small bathroom with the door shut and no air. But that could be bad for anyone.
    starkissdtears

Answer by starkissdtears at 9:11 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• well yes it is ok to dye your hair but ..i dont think its very good for your hair! especially bleaching it ! agggh.
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 9:12 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I've dyed my hair when I was pregnant, and I didn't have any alien babies, so I think it's ok.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 9:13 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• The only thing about coloring your hair while pregnant is that your hormones are running wild and it might not turn out like you expect... It is recommended to wait till you're out of your first trimester to do any coloring. I was almost out of my first trimester when I got mine colored and it still turned out good.
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 9:15 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• oh i didnt know you were talking about while being pregnant.
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 9:22 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• My doc said its completly fine and that the molecues in hair dye are very large and will not penetrate through your scalp and into your blood stream. I am 2mos pregnant and just dyed my hair close to my natural color because I no longer want to spend the money on blond highlights. Came out great too...I went from spending $200 to spending $6.
    Anonymous

• I think the medical consensus is that its okay to dye your hair, but youre better off avoiding the scalp especially for bleach based coloring.
    My hair stylist recently opened her own organic salon. I wouldnt have even bothered to go to an organic salon if it wasnt her that opened it.
    I suggest looking into organic dyes, though. There are no fumes, and no risk at all.
    Its also WAY better for your hair.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 10:46 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I dye my hair I do not want to be gray.
    seashore29

Answer by seashore29 at 12:17 AM on Nov. 8, 2009