wiould you let your teens?...

would you let your teens get any tattoos or piercings? why or why not?

mommy16love

Asked by mommy16love at 9:20 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• No, not until they are 18 and they can pay for it themselves..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:23 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Possibly at 17 depending on his maturity level (I have two boys). I have several tattoos and have had a number of piercings (I pierced my own belly button when I was 17 back in oh...1993 or so).

SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 9:23 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• tatts...no piercings...ears and i would have to think about others. I would take them to get tatts for their 18th bday though if thats what they wanted
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:24 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• No.

If they still feel strongly about getting a particular tattoo after they are a legal adult, graduated, and out of my house then they can do that. I think many teens get tatts and regret them later in life.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:30 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• nope. when they turn 18 and still want to get them that is their decision. if i could id never let them (well, id let my daughter pierce her ears, if i had a daughter haha.) but can you imagine.... in 40 years or so, there are gonna be grannies and papas with tattoos and and those ear lobe stretcher things.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:34 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• my son is 15 and went and got 4 tatts done by one of his friends without me knowing, now my DD 13 has been wanting her lip pierced, and belly. we are all going together when my mom passes to get tatts with her name and birthday-death day on it.
    Anonymous

• I don't see why not my husband and I talked about this my DD is only three but my niece is 14 and her dad will not let her get any piercing except the ears. My DH and I have no problem with none sexual piercings or tats. Piercing we think maybe 14 no tats until 16 all depending on her maturity level and how well behaved she is. They will be like a privilege I mean not a whole lot but like the nose and belly button and on tat I wouldn't care.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 9:36 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• If it was a peircing like maybe an ear or belly button then yes. Nipple or tongue, No. Tattoo, I think that if they are brave enough then yeah. I would only let them get something small, meaningful, and something that they would not regret later. I will be the type of mom that shows google images of things gone wrong lol!
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 9:49 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I also think nose piercing is ok as long as it is a tiny one
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 9:50 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Yes, it would be something I would approve of, piercing or tat. BUT they would save up the money for it. I won't spend money on something that they want if it is body modification or art in anyway. I need the money for my own belongings and my own tats lol...and they should learn responsibility if you allow them to get anything. If not they will come to you whenever they want something.
    Ellie4040

Answer by Ellie4040 at 9:52 PM on Nov. 7, 2009