OH! MY FEET ARE KILLING ME!!! CAN YOU HELP?

My feet are so dry that I now have like one inch long cuts on them and it kills...and being pregnant doesnt help either. I always forget to put lotion on them...is there anything that can help my dry cracked feet? they almost have me to tears!

ready4mybaby

Asked by ready4mybaby at 9:22 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Health

• oh honey, i KNOW what you're talking about. first you need to hop in a hot shower for a while (or soak them in warm water) to get them to soften up. that always helps to imediately relieve some of the pain for me. then SLATHER them in vaseline or go to the store and get you some special ointment for dry cracked feet. then put you on some thick cozy socks. repeat everyday. dont wear flip flops or anything like that- stick with sneakers.
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 9:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• If you take sit down baths you can get some really intense body wash and soak in it. Or if you stand up to shower you could go to walmart and they have a bunch of products for feet and read all the lables and then run a few inches in the bath tub then put the foot soak or whatever in the few inches and shower. Shower with your feet soaking! I get pedicures at the nail salon and they have this great way of making all the cracked skin go away. I just started going for the pedicures. But defenly try to get some soak at a store. I was too fat to get up while i was pregnant so i stay standing up showering. LOL
    MommyTurtle1985

Answer by MommyTurtle1985 at 9:29 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• yeah i think thats why i have dry cracked feet in the first place cause i LOVE wearing flip flops! lol
    ready4mybaby

Answer by ready4mybaby at 9:31 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Have you tried Lanolin yet? It works good for cracked feet. When I was in the navy and my feet were cracked and sore from the shoes, I put Lanolin in the cracks at night with a pair of socks. It helps fill in the cracks and ease healing.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:06 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Put on shea butter (the cheap stuff is fine) and white socks.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:49 AM on Nov. 8, 2009